A growing number of business owners are discovering the huge benefits that blogging provides to their respective ventures. And if you still haven’t jumped on the bandwagon, so to speak, then maybe it’s time for you to do so. But how exactly will you benefit from it?
Just take a quick read of these reasons why business owners like you should start your own blog soon:
- Blogs improve search engine rankings. From increased inbound links to better indexing in search engines, your blog can help your company rank high in Google, Yahoo, or Bing.
- Increased leads. Data show that companies with dedicated blog sites enjoy significant increase in inbound leads, which, ultimately, are converted to actual sales.
- Better customer satisfaction. Statistics show that relevant and well-written blog content helps businesses create a great impression among their consumers. Blog posts are also discovered to be more effective in introducing information about a company than advertisements.
Strength by the Numbers
As mentioned, blogging has some immense benefits to business owners. In fact, there are a lot of statistical data to prove this claim, and here are some of them:
- Business-to-business (B2B) marketers who maintain a business blog are found out to generate around 67 percent more leads than those who don’t. This easily translates to better sales opportunities that are the lifeblood of any business venture.
- Some 61 percent of all consumers in the US are influenced by a blog post to make purchases.
- E-commerce websites that have dedicated blogs enjoy whopping 434 percent more indexed pages as compared to those who lack a blog site. More indexed pages mean better online visibility through search engine results.
- Businesses with weblogs enjoy 97 percent more inbound links than those who lack such a marketing tool. Big inbound link numbers translate to greater chance of being found on results in search engines, such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo.
- Some 60 percent of consumers were discovered to have developed a great impression towards companies upon reading their blog posts.
Blogging the Right Way
While it may be tempting to start a blog immediately, there are some things to consider first to ensure success.
First is to weigh the tone to use or adopt throughout. The key is to make the posts as objective as possible through a largely neutral tone. While it is impossible to write posts entirely without promoting your products or services, just be careful not to overdo things to avoid putting off your potential customers.
In this regard, remember not to make your content too “salesy” -- instead, write it in a way that it will engage or connect with your target clientele. In case you have to clarify certain things about your offered product or something about your company, then you have to craft your post in a very professional manner and in a way that your audience can easily understand.
Blog posts should also be as short yet as informative as possible. The most effective blogs have contents that range anywhere between 250 and 500 words.
Lastly, your blog should be written by professionals with in-depth knowledge and experience in blogging. This way, you’ll be assured of getting only favorable results from this truly effective business marketing tool.